Welcome to Financials for Office 365
Financials for Office 365 is an easy-to-use, online accounting software designed for small and growing businesses to manage their finances and stay on top of their cash flow.
This page is designed to help you understand how to use Financials for Office 365.
If you haven’t signed up for Financials for Office 365 already, click here for instructions.
Accessing Financials for Office 365
To access Financials for Office 365, all you need is a web browser and a working internet connection. If you’re a mobile user, you can download the Financials for Office 365 mobile application for iOS, Android and Windows.
After login, change to the appropriate company
There are two main companies that you will have in your database within Financials for Office 365. The first is a demo company with populated data called Cronus International Ltd. The other company is your live company and it will be named after the company name you give when you sign up.
To move between the two companies, click on the top right corner person icon. Select "My Settings".
Change the "Company" to the appropriate company database you'd like to use, then click okay. Sign out and sign back in to update your user into the chosen company.
Getting to Know Financials for Office 365
- Dashboard - Provides an overview of your company's main receivables and payables, as well as providing KPI's based off entries and transaction made.
- User Profile - Financials for Office 365 has over 25 pre-defined role centres available out-of-the-box. Depending on what role centre is selected, the entire user interface is tailored to their daily needs.
- Navigation Pane - Specific to the page you are on, and will present the lists/tables most relevant to your User Profile. Whether this is a Sales Rep (customers, sales quotes/orders/invoices, items) or a Bookkeeper (Journals, Chart of Accounts, Budgets) just to name a few, the pane is modified for ease of use.
- Action Ribbon - Supplies the fastest access to relevant functionality whether this is creating an Order or Invoice, or viewing your most essential reports such as the Income Statement or Balance Sheet, the ribbon is customised according to relevant functionality and reporting needs tailored to the User Profile and section currently within.
- Search - Enables you to find every List, Table, Action and Report depending on what you search. Regardless of how specific or generic your search, all related results will appear.
- Help - Available on every page throughout Financials for Office 365 with description of any page your are on. The Help function also gives field specific descriptions in case you are ever in doubt of what a field means and what options there are to select from.
- My Settings/Log Out - Allows you to select which company you wish to post transactions in (Standard/Premium Edition only). You can also modify the Work Date from here for backdated entries you need to make as well as change the language and time zone and log out of the system.
Setting Up Financials for Office 365
The software was made to include as little setup as possible. In Guides, use the Quick Setup Guide to help setup the Lite Edition. It goes through the five key steps to start managing your business online.
Master Data records are essential business information that describes and supports transactional data within an accounting solution. Master Data commonly describes customers, products, suppliers and more that are involved in transactions of a business. To put simply, Master Data are Places, People/Parties, and Things. Financials for Office 365 treats this data as highly imperative in constructing a powerful accounting solution for our customers.
Customers on the Lite Edition can move master data via manual input or through excel sheets to be imported into the solution as a package.
The transfer of key master data from your legacy system to Financials for Office 365 is done through transposing data from your old system onto excel sheets used to import the data. Each FLASH Setup Package has a corresponding master data package.
Historical Transactional Data
Getting Lost on the Features?
Use our library below to learn more...
Custom Report Word Layouts
User Defined Fields
Sales Document Import
Sample Bank Mapping
Sample of Chart of Accounts
Sample Standard Financials Documents
Sales Credit Note
Profit and Loss
Statement of Cash Flows
Movements in Equity
Customer - Detailed Aging
Customer - Top 10 List
Customer - Order Detail
Customer - Item Sales
Sales by Salesperson (Commission)
Vendor - Detailed Aging
Vendor - Top 10 List
Vendor - Order Detail
Vendor - Item Sales
Inventory - Sales Statistics
Inventory - Top 10 List
GL Accounting Transactions
Bank Reconcilliation Summary
Fixed Asset - Depreciation
Payroll (Coming Soon...)
Payroll Activity Summary
Paryroll Activity Details
*You can also view any number of the 250+ reports with access to Financials for Office 365.
Looking for industry specific features?